Monday 27 January 2014

Review Food.com: Recipes 01-27-2014

Food.com: Recipes
The Food.com Recipes 
14-Day Yottaa Free Trial

Yottaa increases conversion rate, user engagement & revenue by an average of 30% (yes, 30%!) by speeding up page load times and optimizing content sequencing.
From our sponsors
Deviled Onion Eggs
Jan 26th 2014, 22:19

A fun twist on your standard deviled eggs, from Pillsbury. The original recipe says it serves twenty-four, but if my calculations are right, that means everyone gets half an egg. So, as my mom would say, it serves twenty-four if twelve aren't eating. Lol I've whittled it down to twelve servings, allowing for at least two deviled eggs (or should I say deviled egg halves?) per person. (Though I can eat at least four myself.) You can vary the dips--try dill, horseradish-bacon, or even taco. Yum! Any sour-cream based dip would probably work well. Enjoy...

Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 10:19:02 PM

Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Apple Cake
Jan 26th 2014, 21:54

I made this cake this morning and have yet to try it. Want to write the recipe down for safe keeping, though. I used erythritol in place of sugar, but of course you can use sugar or xylitol. I think half brown sugar or evaporated cane juice would be very good, too. With 2/3 cup sugar it's probably not very sweet, so if you're sweet toothed, use 3/4 cup of sugar or other sweetener.

Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:54:03 PM

Chicken/Sausage One Dish Sunday Bake
Jan 26th 2014, 21:53

One dish meal, with chicken, sausage, potatoes, peppers in a tomato sauce. Great for a Sunday afternoon dinner on a cold winter's day. Simple ingredients that can be easily adjusted with herbs and seasonings for your own families preferences. Sweet or hot sausage may be used, or instead of chicken legs, pieces of equal size may be used.

Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:53:54 PM

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Jan 26th 2014, 21:53

I had peanut butter, I had frozen bananas, I had oatmeal, I had raisins, and I wanted cookies. I just couldn't find the right recipe, so modified what I could find and came up with this one. The resulting cookies are pretty good, but are missing "something". I can't put my finger on it. If it was a savory recipe, I would say it needed more salt. Otherwise, I was pretty happy with them. They make a soft cookie with a good bite.

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:53:47 PM

Spinach Salad With House Dressing
Jan 26th 2014, 21:53

My mother-in-law gave me this recipe handed down from an old church cookbook, so I don't know who to credit! All I know is the family raves over this at every gathering, especially holidays

Spinach Salad With House Dressing
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:53:37 PM

Janet's KFC Seasoned Fried Chicken
Jan 26th 2014, 21:53

This is the closest I've come to the original KFC recipe. They deep-fry theirs in a pressure fryer, and I pan fry this in only 4 tablespoons oil, so I think mine is much healthier.

Janet's KFC Seasoned Fried Chicken
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:53:11 PM

Scalloped Peanuts and Onions
Jan 26th 2014, 21:51

This was a Thanksgiving favorite growing up in Tidewater Virginia. I can't confirm, but it was my understanding that it was a colonial Virginia dish. Mom cooked it on the stovetop over low heat--my job was to stir (I sampled frequently). I've adapted it to a microwave version that is easier and needs less attention,

Scalloped Peanuts and Onions
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:51:54 PM

Best Zuppa Low Fat
Jan 26th 2014, 21:51

Best rendition of Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscana with far less calories!

Best Zuppa Low Fat
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:51:49 PM

Carrot Apricot Muffins
Jan 26th 2014, 21:51

I love a good healthy muffin to grab and go in the mornings and I like to use items I have around the house, so when there are extra carrots around, these are simple and delicious!

Carrot Apricot Muffins
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:51:30 PM

Pioneer Woman's Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
Jan 26th 2014, 21:51

Hot, cheesy, beefy and easy freezy sammies.

Pioneer Woman's Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:51:07 PM

Pasta With Kale, Chickpeas and Olives
Jan 26th 2014, 21:50

This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. It was adapted from a recipe in "Wild About Greens" by Nava Atlas. I made some changes to be more in line with a Nutritarian eating style. If you don't have pine nuts, sliced almonds or sunflower seeds will work as well. You can also substitute green olives if you don't have kalamata. When I freeze this, I omit the pasta and cook it fresh later.

Pasta With Kale, Chickpeas and Olives
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:50:17 PM

Mini Vegetable Frittata
Jan 26th 2014, 21:49

This is rustic Italian recipe adapted from an old immigrant cookbook. Simple ingredients that combine to make delicious sandwich sized frittatas. These are amazing eaten as a warm sandwich with olive oil-drizzed, grilled Italian bread. Enjoy!

Mini Vegetable Frittata
Rating: 0
Created: Jan 26, 2014 9:49:09 PM

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment